Since Lofra began in 1956, the Italian brand has remained dedicated to the artistry of crafting top-tier, dependable products. Produced in the hills around the city of Padua, Italy, Lofra’s prestigious ranges are meticulously designed, featuring a diverse array of cooking functions to enhance the cooking experience for home chefs. Three of Lofra’s cutting-edge collections are exclusively imported to the United States by EuroChef USA. Today we’re taking a deeper dive into the alluring Curva Collection!
As the first product to be introduced by Lofra in the early 1960s, the Curva Collection pays tribute to Lofra’s humble beginnings. The iconic, patented curved door, side panels and handles of the Curva Collection embody the aesthetic of traditional pots and pottery that Lofra manufactured. This distinct detailing sets Curva apart, as it cannot be replicated by other brands. Seamlessly marrying a unique, modernist aesthetic with professional-grade performance, the award-winning Curva Collection exceeds expectations from its design to its functionality.
Sizing + Colors
Available in two sizes – 36-inch and 48-inch – and a palette of four timeless colors (Black, Blue, Stainless Steel and White), the Curva Collection is ideal for those seeking a high-performing appliance and an ultramodern aesthetic for their kitchen.
Curva’s 36-inch range boasts five all-brass burners, providing cooking power ranging from a minimum of 5,000 BTUs (British Thermal Units) to a max dual power output of 18,000! The 48-inch Curva offers two additional burners and the highly-desired, independent second oven. This secondary oven, with multiple programmable options, utilizes convection with independent settings for enhanced versatility.
Functionality + Cleaning
Similar to the Dolcevita, the oven glass trim on all Curva ranges is easily removable. This provides access to the three panes of oven glass to make cleaning a simple process! Moreover, like all Lofra ranges, the Curva range offers nine programmable settings with true European convection.
- Defrosting: Speed up defrosting and safely thaw frozen food with unheated air circulation without par-cooking and drying.
- European Convection: European convection uses a third heating element behind the fan to prevent unwanted flavor transfer. This process allows food to cook more evenly than in traditional ovens!
- Convection Bake: The convection bake feature has the quickest and most even cooking as it evenly distributes heat throughout the oven with the use of the convection fan and both top and bottom elements.
- Pizza Function aka “Bottom Heat”: Every Lofra range includes a bottom heat mode, which is perfect for crispy pizza crust and perfectly melted cheese! The bottom heat setting can also be used for moist, slow cooked dishes or to prepare delicate crusts on a pie or quiche.
- Convection Broil: When the convection broil feature is activated, the convection fan and broiler will both be turned on, allowing for an even distribution of intense heat.
- Oven Light + Dough Rising: Every Lofra range comes with the oven light + dough rising feature, where the oven light will be turned on and remain illuminated throughout the cooking cycle. This light can also assist in the rising of dough, perfect for your favorite bread recipes!
- Conventional Cooking: Providing heat from both the top and bottom, the conventional cooking feature helps food to cook evenly.
- Grilling: Every Lofra range comes with an upper grill element, which provides a high and focused heat.
- Maxi Broil: Ideal for melting and browning food quickly without overcooking, the Maxi Broil function uses powerful and direct heat from the broil element.
Love your Lofra range? Tag us on your social media post for a chance to be featured on the Lofra social channels!